I am a bookworm, and I’m not ashamed to admit it! But as a bookworm, I often have trouble deciding just which book should go next on my list. After all, there’s thousands of books — traditional and digital – to choose from. Unfortunately, there’s less-than-thousands of minutes to read them all. So how do you choose?
I’m actually preparing a two-part series about this topic for later in the week, partly from my own musings and observations, partly from application of biblical principles. I’ll also review a great resource that’s really helped me define why I read what I read. But before I share all of that, I want to hear your thoughts on the subject!
- How do YOU decide what to read?
- What genres do you find helpful, encouraging, or uplifting? Why?
- What genres do you find harmful or not worthwhile?
- What are your priorities in reading — ie, why do you read?
- How have you intentionally formed a Christian perspective on reading?
- Any other thoughts about reading, specifically as a disciple of Christ?
Leave a comment, and let’s get chatting!