‘Tis the season for thanksgiving! While we should be practicing gratitude every single day of the year, it’s kind of fun to participate in some sort of thanksgiving challenge in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving challenges may be getting a little cliche, but they’re refreshing to the soul and encouraging to the heart. They can infuse new life into your gratitude attitude, and sharpen your ability to give thanks in everything. And by doing a more public challenge — like posting on Facebook once a day — you may even influence someone else to start being more thankful, like this post from Carrie did for me!
Need some ideas? Here’s some popular ones to consider:
- Share one thing you’re thankful for every day on Facebook.
- Make a list of 50-100 things you’re thankful for by Thanksgiving Day.
- Send a handwritten thank-you note to 2 people each week in November.
- Write a 300-700 word guest post about being thankful (email me).
- Start a private thankfulness journal just between you and God.
- Start listing something you’re thankful for every day… and don’t stop after Thanksgiving!
Q1. Are you doing any sort of thankfulness challenge? If so, what?
Q2. What other ideas can you think of?