Happy New Year and welcome to 2011!! I know that making New Year’s Resolutions is a bit cliche, but you have to admit that the beginning of a new year does provide a convenient opportunity to reevaluate and set new goals. And so I am jumping on the bandwagon this year. And not just that, but I’m going a step further and putting my resolutions out there in cyberspace, in hopes that it may keep me more accountable and further motivate me to accomplish some of my goals. (After all, if you aim at nothing, you’ll get there.) So without further ado:
1. Maintain a consistent daily devotion time with God, continually increasing in time and intensity.
2. Read through our plethora of recently acquired theological and doctrinal books – and make it a habit to read through at least one or two theology books each month.
3. Publish my first poetry chapbook (to read some of my poetry, visit my other blog at Dandelion Digest).
4. Finish the first draft of my book, Touching the Hem.
5. Lose 10 (minimum) to 20 pounds, not merely for a lower number on the scale, but to improve my overall health and energy levels.
6. Start riding a bike again. Of course, getting one is the first step towards this goal…
7. Get off prednisone (if possible) and begin decreasing the chemo. This isn’t necessarily something I can control, but hoping for this helps me stay optimistic and reliant upon God.
8. Learn at least four new classical piano pieces… starting with my new Gershwin Preludes book.
9. Launch a website to show and sell my handmade cards (although this one requires much help from my hubby).
10. Continue growing in grace and the knowledge of our Lord, learning more of Him and becoming more like Him in every way.
What are your resolutions for this new year? Feel free to share – accountability helps greatly in accomplishing your goals!!