Happy last day of August! I loved the summer, but I am so ready for pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin creamer, pumpkin chili, pumpkin colors… as well as football games, jeans & boots, and hopefully some more hiking!
There are two thought-provoking articles that I want to share with you this week. And they both kind of speak about the same area: online communication. That could be communication on blogs, facebook, twitter, or even just email. But the principles shared in these articles apply to it all, one specifically toward writing and the other towards reading:
Who’s Judgy? – Barefoot Hippie Girl
This article offers some great thoughts regarding online communication. For instance, don’t forget to be discerning, or to practice discretion. Remember to build each other up. Don’t take everything personally. And a favorite of mine – if you don’t like what someone has to say, you don’t need to keep reading! Also, check out her redesigned site! I’m loving the new colors and header she created!
Spending Information – Allume
Just as we must be careful what we write – we need to think
more about what we’re reading. And this article poses the question: what do you do with what you read? There is so much information available today, and not just on blogs (although that’s what the article emphasizes). But too often we simply sit there and take it all in – and forget about spending it. We read great ideas for frugal living, but never try any of them. We read how to grow in godliness, but never put any of it into practice. The closing sentence sums it up well: “Information doesn’t become revelation until it causes transformation.”
In other news…
I’ve been trying to go walking in the mornings, thanks to the inspiration of a few Twitter friends (Molly, Angie, Becky) — but some mornings are obviously harder than others. And added to that are the unique challenges of fighting a long-term illness. So I’m wondering if y’all could help me out a little:
- Do you have any great tips for staying motivated to workout? I’d love to read them in the comments!
- Do you juggle chronic health problems and regular exercise? I’d love to connect with you via facebook or email!
Also, I’ve made some major progress on my ebook! It should be available for YOU in just a few weeks. If you want to read and review it on your blog (or facebook page) sometime during the last week of September, I would love to send you a copy in advance! Send me an email if you’re interested.
Things I’m especially thankful for this week:
- a great blogging group to offer feedback and encouragement
- having that instant connection when you meet other Christians
- books that convict, motivate, or inspire you to change
- getting to write every day, and having people to read it
- confidence in knowing that God never makes any mistakes
- peace that nothing happens outside His permission
- a refreshing and hilarious family vacation in the mountains of TN
- parents, siblings, and grandparents who pray for each other
- homemade cinnamon rolls (thanks Jenn!)
- family recipes that get passed down through generations
What are YOU thankful for today? Also, don’t forget to share your favorite things about fall, or any tips you might have for staying motivated to exercise!