Welcome to DogFur & Dandelions!
Yes, the name is just as random as it sounds. But it serves a purpose: it catches your attention, and makes you think about often-overlooked aspects of everyday life. And that’s exactly what I hope to do with the content I share with you here!
Nothing in this life — not even dog fur or dandelions — is truly random or outside the scope of God’s sovereignty; and therefore everything must be approached according to the standard of His unchanging truth. Big or small, life-changing or mundane, external influences or internal perspectives, spiritual disciplines or silly entertainments: everything must be measured against His divine banner of truth.
To that end, my goal is to encourage you toward thinking biblically in every area of life — big or small, life-changing or mundane, external or internal, sacred or secular. I seek to accomplish this by sharing:
- spiritual meditations which speak biblically about some specific aspect of everyday life;
- book reviews and other recommended resources to help increase your knowledge of truth;
- snapshots of everyday life, including my journey with illness, church-planting, and marriage;
- artistic portrayals of spiritual truth through the mediums of ink or watercolor; and
- encouraging testimonies of God’s goodness, faithfulness, mercy, and love.
This site is more than just a random home of words and art: everything I share is for the purpose of encouraging a closer walk with God, a more intimate knowledge of Him, and a more passionate relationship with Him.
I want to exhort you with sound doctrine; edify you with the glorious truth of who God is and what He has done for us; and encourage you to “rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer” (Romans 12:12).
Got questions? I’d love to hear from you! Send me an email, or connect with me on social media!
All Scripture quoted is from the English Standard Version, unless otherwise noted.
All material is copyrighted by Elizabeth A. Johnson, and may not be reproduced without permission.